Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Today's the day

Today is exactly one year since being diagnosed. My day today amazes me compared to what I was doing one year ago. I've already been to a brunch benefit, eating fruit, muffin, eggs and sorbet without any ill effects. Today I'm helping with setting up our annual dinner and shall participate in that tonight, getting home around 10 pm. Last year I woke up around 11 am, crawled out of bed only to pee and drink. Settled on the couch with a friend to watch a movie. Fell asleep about 15 minutes in. After the movie I was just about out the door to go to Wendy's to get a frosty when I received the news that I should go to the emergency room instead.

When reading other people's blogs (http://diabetesmine.com/ & http://marthaoconnor.blogspot.com/ are two I read everyday) I realize how lucky I am for many reasons. I got this at an age that I could easily handle it on my own, as opposed to getting it as a small child. I don't have other major responsibilities (kids and a family) so can focus on keeping my diabetes in check.

I have such a busy day today but this (my one year anniversary) has been on my mind for a couple days now. That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter