Friday, June 02, 2006

Help with endurance running

I've been working out 3-4 times a week for a few months now. I've been jogging outside for about a month, alternating between that and the gym. I've recently become much more interested in jogging longer distances and amounts of time but I've run into a problem of figuring out how to do that with the 'betes.

I can get my bs up to about 160-180 before hand and after 30-40 minutes I'm down to around 80-100. I want to run longer but I don't want to have my bs higher than that when I start. Any advice? Any good sites/blogs that talk about carrying your meter and snacks? What carbs work the best? Should I be changing my daily diet to be eating more complex carbs?

Let me know if anyone has any info or sites (or books, how old fashioned!) they recommend.

2 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teka,
I LOVE to run! I’ve written some about endurance running and diabetes. If you have any questions you want to ask me you can email me at ccmtacks@charter.net. You can also check out my blog at http://sarahdiabeticmusings.blogspot.com/ . I’ve sectioned out the posts that focus on exercise/running in the right hand column. Have fun running!
Sarah
f

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should really look into the omnipod insulin pump....it will change your "betes life" as you know it =0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter