Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I am...

I am excited about my newly purchased pouch for my meter, lancet and test strips.


I am appreciative of the hard work my brother’s girlfriend put into creating my beautiful new medical id bracelet.




I am nervous about my new position of Grants Manager, which starts July 1st and brings with it unknown challenges (as well as known benefits including a bit of a pay raise).

I am delighted that in 52 days I can stop saying ‘long distance’ in front of ‘boyfriend’.


I am feeling fit and thinking of setting a goal.


I am happy for my blogging friends for the new developments in their personal and diabetic lives.

I am proud of my blogging friends for continuing to be open and honest about the highs and lows of diabetes and life in general.

I am in awe of my cousin and can’t wait to stand in line with all the comic book fanatics tonight to see the movie. Now people will know, it’s Routh like South.

I am, for the moment, quite happy.

11 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Lyrehca said...

You're related to SuperMan? Cool!

And I too like your Medic Alert and cool flower meter kit. Glad to hear all's going well.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger LaLa said...

Very uplifting post! I, too, love your flower meter kit. I currently keep mine in the boring case it came with, but I'm looking for something more exciting.

My fiance recently moved two states away for a new (and hopefully better) job, so I can definitely relate to the long distance issue. Luckily I'm a teacher and have free summers, so I'm trying to visit him as much as possible. It's definitely hard to be apart, but it has made me really appreciate the time we spend together even more.

I think it'd be cool to have a marathon where the contestants are all diabetics. Of course, I'd have to stop being an idiot and become more proactive about testing before, during, and after exercising.... but it's a nice thought! :)

Laura

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Kerri. said...

Thanks, Tek. And I'm so glad you're feeling glad these days!

... Chris and I have been watching Brandon's tv appearances with particular interest since you emailed a few months ago. Extend our congrats to him and we can't wait to see the movie!

Also, nice bracelet. Very cool. :)

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, i could do with some of your happiness, like the case!

i need a new one.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tek. And ooh, can you tell us where you got the case?

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey that medic alert bracelet is beautiful and your overflowing happiness makes me happy too. It is so nice to hear about the good stuff in our lives

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

I got that little gem at a stored call Hanger 18 in my neighborhood. http://www.hanger18chicago.com/

This is a link to the brand: http://www.yoga-bags.com/

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Your cousin is Superman??! Dood. That is so. freakin'. cool!

That is a beautiful meter case. And yay on the no-longer-long-distance-boyfriend. That's a great thing.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a snazzy pump case!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Wonderful post, T!

Congratulations on all fronts!

You. Rock.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Home Remedies are the best treatment for any disease because they have no side effects and almost every disease has a natural cure by these natural home remedies. This website discussed about thousands of home remedies for many disease. So just click on the link and go to website.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter