Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Re-Lurking

I know there is such a thing as 'de-lurking', but what about re-lurking? I feel as if that's what I have been doing for the past few months. I've fallen back into just reading and enjoying other people's blogs. What amazes me is the wide scope of blogs that are now on my list. I'm reading about people trying to get pregnant and people giving birth as well as reading about people's vacations and brushes with fame. And I feel so connected to all these people and their lives that they are sharing with the world. It's an amazing little blogging world I stepped into, and for now I'm really enjoying being a lurker (for the most part).

As far as my own 'betes news, there's not much to say. Not too many lows, probably too many highs, but nothing earth shattering or completely scary. I'm still fighting with my insurance company to get them to pay for 'betes supplies from February 2005 as well as from my one weeks use of the CGMS. I'm still jogging on a regular basis and am the same ideal weight I've been for about a year or more now. And hopefully I'd learn that my A1c is right where it should be at my doctors appointment in September. Same old same old.

Tomorrow I fly to Minneapolis to collect my guy. We'll pack up, have lunch with his dad then drive to my hometown to visit my family. Sunday we'll head to Chicago and then we'll attempt to not kill each other while getting used to living in the same city.

So then. Back to lurking.

5 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Kerri. said...

Tek,

I get what you mean about feeling so connected to the people who write blogs. There's something about the whole "glimpse into people's heads" that makes a sense of community almost inevitable.

I'm glad you're still out there. You were one of the very first blogs I came across and actually THE very first email I rec'd once I started blogging. I've got a soft spot for "The 'betes" and I'm very happy that things are going well for you.

That's cool that there are no issues to speak of, diabetes-wise. That's the best way to be. I was also looking for a medsupply bag, similar to the one you posted a picture of a few weeks ago. Where did you get that bag? It's very cool and stylish and since I am neither, I'd love to find something similar to raise me up.

Good luck sharing a city with The Boy. I glad he will no longer be long distance. He sounds wonderful. And he has a great name. :)

-- Kerri.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger art-sweet said...

How exciting to finally be in the same place at the same time as your sweetie! I did the long distance thing for a LONG time and there were definitely some bumps when we first moved in together. So don't get discouraged if it's a little rough at first...

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Kelsey said...

Glad to hear from you! Like Kerri, I too have a soft spot for "The 'betes"- so drop us a little note when you have a chance!

Have fun with the "close proximity" romance :)

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Thanks everyone. Kerri - here is the link to the company who made my bag http://www.yoga-bags.com/


tek

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Welcome back to lurking!! And no news is good news so it's good to hear that you have no major D issues :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter