Thursday, August 31, 2006

Arrival

And he's here. After a 3 1/2 hour wait on the runway at Midway on Thursday night due to weather in Mpls, everything went smoothly (sort of). Friday morning we were up early to get the giant moving truck with a tow to haul his car. Loaded everything, gulped down a gatorade to combat the expected low (I tried to preempt this with a lower basal, but alas, not enough), and we were on the road by noon. The biggest argument we had on the trip was about which flavor blizzard to get at Dairy Queen. We ended up with reeses peanut butter cup. Good choice by the way.

We spent the weekend with my family and had so much fun. My nephew is the most amazing boy ever (seriously). He now has a sense of humor and likes to make up words. We played ball, made a train, had a tea party and fed ducks. I sat down in questionable grass (read: grass surely covered in duck poop) just because he was and he asked me to join him. Well of COURSE I will! My sister and her husband delighted in telling me that, while in the car on the way to see the ducks, he said "Where is Uncle Chris?". Oh boy, not quite yet there nephew! See that humor I mentioned?

We ate steak and corn and pumpkin pie and my grandma's fabulous cinnamon rolls (which she left unfrosted for me, thanks Grandma!). Sunday morning we hit the road to Chicago, paid what felt like a million dollars in toll fare, and made it safely. Unloaded the truck in time to enjoy some thai food before watching the season finale of Deadwood. Best. Sunday. Night. Ever.

And tonight I help him move into his new place (which he hasn't even SEEN yet, since I helped find it with one of my friends). Frozen pizza and beer will follow I'm sure.

It's only been a few days, but damn, this is fun.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Kerri. said...

I'm glad you're having fun and enjoying your boy living in the same town as you.

And your nephew is adorable!

... by the way, to answer your question about the wax museum, pop on over to Six Until Me. I did a post, just for you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter