Thursday, February 23, 2006

Do you want that diced or minced?


I had my 90 day review on Tuesday at my part-time job. I help prep and clean lots of dishes for a fabulous cooking school. I work two nights a week, which is just about perfect. Not only do I get to learn, but I’ve met some wonderful people and eating some even better food.

The review was good and I now have a 40%(!) discount on everything in the store, and a dollar raise. This will obviously be spent in the store. I’m trying to decide which knife is my favorite, as that will be my first purchase. I’m pretty excited.

Also fun, my boy sent me an email the other day that said “Heard about this on NPR. Science is such an awesome thing: http://www.ahc.umn.edu/news/releases/diabetes022006/home.html”. It’s an interesting article. I normally don’t keep up on all the scientific advances, but it’s good to know it’s all moving forward.

5 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

If you get the Global, let me know how you like it. I've been eyeing that baby for a month, but haven't got the nerve to pay the money yet.

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Kerri. said...

I must admit, I had no idea what you were posting about when I saw that big picture of the knife.

But now that I'm in the know ... I would also love to hear about your knife purchase experience. I've been thinking about investing in some "real knives" (sort of like Crocodile Dundee) and i'm looking for testimonials.

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

We sell Global, Frieder Dick, Porsche and just recently started selling Kai Shun (beautiful and expensive!). What's hard is that they are all great knives, it just depends on which feels the best. Luckily I get to use them on a regular basis so I know which works for me. I'm deciding between the Global santoku and the F. Dick 8 inch chef. I'll let you know what I pick!

tek

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Oh man. I lust after good knives the way some people lust after expensive cars. I really want the Henckels 5 Star Professional S Santoku knife. I have their 8" chef's knife (among other knives by them) and I love it. It's by far my favourite - I love the weight of it and the way it feels in my hand.

Have you seen this: http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=1745882

It cracked me up. The ideal knife holder....

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter