Tuesday, January 17, 2006


And I'm back. Thanks for all the good wishes on Friday! They seemed to work as I had a wonderful time. Fondue at the Melting Pot on Friday night. Museum and dinner/drinks with friends on Saturday. Brokeback Mountain on Sunday (have you seen it?! Fabulous!) and then a very early flight home yesterday. I went straight to work after arriving at the Midway airport at 8am. Needless to say I wasn't terribly productive yesterday at work. Ah well. It was well worth it.

I had my endocrinologist appointment yesterday after work. A1c of 6.0 (a little higher than my previous blood test a1c of 5.7). My doctor was very happy with the number so that's fine by me. I'm probably just slowly creeping out of the honeymoon so bit by bit it will become harder to keep my a1c as low as it is. I also got a few new (free!) toys including a back up meter and the software/cable to download my meter to my computer. Why I haven't had this before I have no idea. My doctor also informed me that Chicago is one of the 7 cities that Minimed is testing their new Guardian Continuous Glucose Monitoring System. He *whispered* to me that the next time I visit he might be able to let me test it for a week or so. I might just have to do that.

8 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

So glad you had a good time :) You two make a cute couple :)

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Awwwww. Young love. ;-)

Re: The Guardian. I'd jump at the chance. They won't give me one for Olivia because she's not old enough. Either that or I haven't raised enough of a stink.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Andrea - Thanks. :)

Julia - The Guardian would just be a test run. And even if I had a chance to buy it, I wouldn't be able to afford it at all. AND I don't look forward to another contraption being stuck on my body all the time... But I'll try it for awhile if I get the chance!

tek

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Kerri. said...

Oh what a Cute Tall Boy. You guys make a very handsome couple.

RE: the Guardian, I know what you mean about sporting two contraptions. I'm inclined to wait until Minimed integrates the pump and the CGMS into one machine. Then I'm ridiculously in.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

T-

You and The Boy look lovely together. Thanks so much for sharing the photo.

Sounds like the two of you had a fabulous weekend!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

A. The Boy is cute!

B. I pictured you to look different. Long dark hair and dark eyes for some reason. You are adorable and I LOVE your glasses. I'm waiting for mine to break "accidently" so I can get a pair like yours ;)

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Nice to hear you all think he's as cute as I do. :)

Shannon,

Isn't it funny to see pictures of these people that you 'talk' to everyday? And thanks for the glasses compliment. I had fun picking them out!

tek

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Kassie said...

I love the idea of a 7 day guardian trial! I can't see bearing the cost of it (even if insurance chips in) and was thinking it would be cool to use it short-term to look for some patterns and ID trouble spots.

By the time it gets to good old Spotsylvania county, though... well, we'll see :)

great pic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter