Monday, November 21, 2005

Amazed!

Just wanted to say that I am amazed with the new Accu-Chek multi-clix that I bought on Friday. After having an extended conversation with the pharmacist at Walgreens(No, I need the MULTI-clix lancets, they're different. Yes, that's the whole point, they have several in the barrel. NO, I can't use the regular lancets in the machine, I need THAT box! *thinking: shouldn't she know more about this than I do?*) I paid my $10, took it home and opened it up.

It's almost like a new toy for me. And I must admit that I was doubtful of those people who were adamant about how it hurts less than the regular lancets. I mean, I can turn my lancet down, so it must be the same. Wow! It's not. I barely feel it and find myself wondering if I actually broke skin. I am just amazed.

So thank you (Sandra!) for posting about your success with this little device. I love it.

5 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

T-

You are so very welcome... :)

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Kerri. said...

I'm sold. I'm going to have to trot over to Walgreens and get this thing.

 
At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love mine! I was given the Ascencia when dx'd - got so I cringed when it was time to stick - not so with the multi-clix. AND, the new meter just takes a DROP of blood - no wasted strips so far.
ces

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Penny Ratzlaff said...

My son loves this too. He says he doesn't feel it at all. I like that I can just turn the knob to change the lancet. I also learned about the multiclix on a blog, but I don't remember which one.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Tally's Treasures, LLC Global Imports said...

Hi all, glad I found this blog site. My son was dx-ed on sept 6 of this year. We are still adjusting. He also got the multi-clix free during a JDRF Halloween Carnival and just loves it. All he uses at home. We only have one so far and at school and aftercare he just uses the ones that came with his other monitors (yes more than one type!). We also love the Accu-Check Compact. It looked heavy and dorky at first but it is nice when you only have to push one button to get the test strip placed, while you already have a blood drop on the other finger. No more fumbling with test strips! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter