Friday, January 13, 2006

Minneapolis Bound

Chicago and Minneapolis. So close, yet so freaking far away.

I'm headed to Minneapolis this afternoon to visit the boy. The new boy. Sort of new anyway. We met way back in October at a wedding that I attended as a guest of my roommate. Seriously, who meets at a wedding?! I never thought that actually happened in real life. I noticed him at first because of his height (6'4", which is giant compared to my 5'5" stance). Then he kept my attention with his charming yet snarky personality. He visited Chicago. Three times now since the beginning of December. Our phone conversations make me feel like I'm back in high school due to the length of just one call. I truly spend as little time on the phone as possible, but then I met him and talking on the phone was the closest thing we had to actually being together. It's a measly runner up.

So this weekend is my first Minneapolis visit (besides the wedding). I'll see his apartment, meet his friends and get to spend sometime with him. I'm delighted. He was here last weekend and meet my friends (and my brother, who is also my roommate). Everyone seems to like him, and he them.

Tonight he's taking me out to dinner. Fondue. I want to laugh but he's so terribly excited, as all of his couple friends have gone and really enjoyed it. So I'm preparing for a stomach full of cheese, oily meat, and chocolate. It will be an experience I'm sure.

My bag is packed and I get to leave work early at 2:00. I'm trying to hold in the excitement but I just can't wipe this silly smile off my face.

Oh, and the best part: When I told him I have type 1 diabetes he had no idea about what that meant (nor did I when I was diagnosed). Now he seems to know about as much as I do. He told me the other day that he jumped on the computer after I told him and researched a bunch of information on it. It's a little silly, but it made me feel really good about him. :)

7 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Yay! You're visiting my home town!

What can I say about Minneapolis in the winter... hmmmm. I wish I had some neat and exciting suggestions for fun things to do, but I'm a pretty laid back home bound kind of guy (ie. boring).

I'm sure you'll have a great time, and if you run into any diabetic catastrophies where you're in need of some emergency supplies or something, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Major Bedhead said...

Some advice: Don't pour water on him while in bed. Unless, y'know, he's got flames shooting out of his head.

He sounds lovely. I remember those days of talking for hours on the phone and getting all giddy over visits. Enjoy it.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

T-

He sounds dreamy...

Have fun this weekend!!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger mdmpls said...

Hey, that fondue place you are probably going to is supposed to be great! I am from Minneapolis too and all of my friends keep talking about that restaurant - of course I cna't think of the name for the life of me!

Have a GREAT time in MN. Also, if you are looking for another fun and very yummy restaurant - we went to Azia Restaurant in South Minneapolis. Really good food and tasty drinks!

Have fun!
Maridee

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

He researched Type 1? That really, really impresses me...tremendously. That's almost up there with introducing you to his parents.

He sounds like a great guy. I'll be looking forward to how things go for you this weekend.

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tek,

I am jealous. Does he have a brother...or a cousin??

Hope you have a Great time!

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you'll have a great time! When I first met my boyfriend, he bought all these books on diabetes and read up on it. I have to say I was impressed. A few months later, he helped me start Diabetes Daily.

Your guy sounds like a keeper to me! Best wishes with the fondue!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter