Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Produce

I love vegetables. Green, red, orange, yellow, doesn't matter, I'd probably like to snack on it right now. The problem is that it's hard to get to the store, and when I do the produce section sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. I've also read a lot about organic, locally grown, in season produce and the many benefits in all three of those things. So I've decided to take the plunge: I'm joining a coop.

I pay a set amount a week and they deliver (for only $5!) to my front door a box full of veggies and fruit for the week. All of it is either organic, locally grown, or in season (or all three!). I'm really excited about doing this since not only is it socially responsible, it's also great for my health & diabetes.

I'll keep you posted on all the weird sorts of vegetables that are sure to arrive at my door. I imagine my recipes will have to expand, or I'll end up with some very strange stews... :)

4 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

They deliever fruits and veggies for only $5? That's great! You have me curious, please let us know how it turns out. :)

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Well, the delivery cost is only $5, the cost of the box of produce is $15-30, depending on how much you get. But still, $20 total for fruit/veggies for a week is fine by me!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Kerri. said...

That sounds perfect. I'm sick of going to the grocery store on a weekly basis ... let the veggies come to me.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Cool deal. I'll have to see if there's a co-op in my area who does the same thing.

The only reason why I go shopping sometimes is to stock up on fruits and veggies. I hate going shopping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter