Monday, November 28, 2005

The aftermath

I survived Thanksgiving. With 12 people, one turkey, two varieties of potatoes, the best stuffing in the world, fresh rolls, veggies, two pies and many bottles of wine, the day was a success.

My blood sugar before dinner was perfect, about 1.5 hours after it was 60. Oops. Not a problem though since I was ready for some pie & whipped cream. The rest of the evening it was just fine.

I am looking at a crazy busy week coming up. I just got hired at a cooking school part time. I'll be working twice a week after my day job assisting the demo chef with classes. I'm excited about getting to attend all the classes and reap the benefits (knowledge and FOOD!). And after a certain amount of time I get a 40% discount on all the kitchen supplies we sell. Too bad it's not in time for the holidays. :)

4 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

T-

Nicely done on Thanksgiving... glad you were able to enjoy the food, AND stay in such good control.

And hey, congrats on the part-time job!

I am a bit envious, though-- just sounds like so much fun!

Good Luck, and let us know what you're cooking...

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Violet said...

Congrats x2, T! It's wonderful to see you thriving. The job sounds perfect for you.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Kerri. said...

Congratulations on the new job! I am very impressed at your culinary prowess.

I once almost set the kitchen on fire making Pop Tarts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter