Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Drink of water anyone?

I left work around 11 last night, call my boy and headed home. We chatted while I walked the two blocks home and a bit more while I prepared for bed. I crawled into my nice warm bed at midnight and fell asleep almost instantaneously.

Around 2:30 am I woke up. I woke because I felt water splashing on me. Here is the situation I woke up to:

Me, kneeling in my bed (face towards my pillow), water glass in hand pouring water onto my mattress.

Let me just say I was very shocked and confused as to what the hell I was doing. I grabbed a ton of kleenexes and soaked up as much water as I could, threw a towel over the water drenched spot and went back to sleep (after checking to make sure my bs was okay at 102).

Now, this has never happened to me before. There were some instances in college of sleep walking, and I have had some very vivid dreams before, but who hasn't? Unfortunately I can't remember anything from any sort of dream I MUST have been having.

What a strange way to wake yourself up. I can only imagine what the scene would have been like if my boy were there and he woke to me pouring water on him. :)

4 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Maybe you were dreaming about one of those notorious pillow fires! :-)

It's actually stranger that you were doing that even though your BG was Ok! It would have been more understandable if you were low! hehe!

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Kerri. said...

I once dated a guy who had night terrors. And by "night terrors," I mean he would leap up on the bed in the middle of the night and scream "Who are you? I need that paper! Give me that door!" Strangest thing. I would have to calm his still-sleeping self down and make him sort of fall back asleep before I would really wake him up and make sure he wasn't insane. I was convinced he was part of a CIA operative or something similarly covert. But it turns out he was just having nightmares.

Never could explain all those passports though...

[cue suspenseful theme music]

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I am laughing my ass off right now.

I've done nothing more than walk in my sleep, but the things I've said in my sleep especially during sleepovers when I was a kid is a different story.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

I'm glad you all got a kick out of it! I'm still trying to figure out what I possibly could have been dreaming about...

Luckily last night was uneventful! :)

Tek

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter