Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Breaking News on Election Day: CNN is Horrible

It's election day. I've already voted and I'm trying to concentrate on NOT checking multiple web sites all day long for any glimmer of outcome while at work. But I'm obviously failing.

I click onto CNN to see in the BIG red banner at the top: BREAKING NEWS: Britney Spears Files for Divorce from Husband Kevin Federline

Seriously? Breaking news on election day is about a stupid celebrity couple divorcing? I'm so disgusted.

3 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger mel said...

I would think that were more awful too if I could get past the part where she is actually divorcing him. I thought for sure if she lasted two weeks she'd just stay with him forever... why all of a sudden two kids later get a clue.

anywho, perhaps I'm too harsh. I think the real issue is that people actually care about these things... more than the election and shame on CNN for playing into these people's lives.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Major Bedhead said...

I was screaming at the tv when they announced that - because they did. On the newscast.

And people wonder why I despair.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger art-sweet said...

you and me both, babe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter