Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sailing along

I made it through Thanksgiving just fine, thank you! The boy and I headed down to Texas where the majority of his immediate family live (Houston). Spent Thanksgiving eating the usual fare of turkey, ham, green beans, rolls, potatoes... and about 5 pies. Amazingly, I used a much smaller amount of insulin that day (17 units) than my normal days (25-30). I think I was focusing so much on not going overboard that I steered clear of a lot of the heavy carb stuff, just having tastes of everything. Not bad! And the blood sugar was just lovely.

Then we headed for the coast. A couple of rented condos on North Padre Island awaited us. I ran along the beach, swam in the ocean, relaxed in a giant hot tub and watched the sunrise.

I spent time getting to know the boy's family a bit more as well, which was nice.

And on Saturday afternoon we drove into Corpus Christi, pulled up to a dock with hundreds of sailboats, from the tiny to the giant, the slow to the fast, and stepped on a 40 foot sail boat.

And I sailed (for about 2 minutes until I demanded the captain take over again. Those things are hard! The wind resistance is no joke!)

Do you see the two people in the background laughing? That's the captain and a student, laughing at me. And see how it's all tipped sideways? I'm trying to stand on that thing AND sail. Luckily I didn't break anything or run into any other boats.

6 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

WoW!! That sounded like a great, beautiful trip. I love the water and sailing...you lucky dog.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Chrissie in Belgium said...

Oh what a beautiful trip.......

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

That sounds like a really wonderful trip.

You look like you were having a blast at the helm of that boat!!

Way to go!

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well.....you looks very happy, very great trip.....I like the image

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Tony said...

how fun !

Sailing takes me away.....

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous allkindsofsunglasses.com said...

lovely photo of the sun set!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter