Thursday, November 09, 2006

Within the past three years

Within the past three years I’ve…

Moved to a new city

Discovered a career I enjoy

Gotten into heated debates about important things and irrational arguments over the inconsequential

Received a promotion

Laughed

Watched my nephew grow

Became close friends with my brother who was also my roommate for 2.5 of those years

Learned to drive a stick shift

Met a man that I care for deeply

Applied for a graduate program and been accepted

Made friends that I’ll have for life

Worried

Brewed 8 batches of homebrew (silly, but I’m so proud)

Held my hand on my sister’s belly, hoping to feel her second baby kick

Become a runner (of sorts)

Cried

Been comforted

Watched the events of the world unfold and done my best to make a difference

Celebrated weddings with old friends and new

Been hopeful

Within the past three years I’ve lived with type 1 diabetes. Here’s to the day that I can put down a finite number of years I’ve lived with this disease.

9 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

T-

Sounds like a wonderful three years. :-)

And oh yes, here's to that day...

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Kassie said...

hear hear!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

It's wonderful to see you leading a full life with diabetes. Apparently it hasn't slowed you down a bit! :)

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Kerri. said...

Great post, Tek. It's not so much about diabetes as it is about LIFE. And you do a hell of a job living it. Well done. :)

... and did you name your HomeBrew?

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea behind this, conveying that life doesn't stop being fulfilling after a chronic condition. We can accomplish amazing things without diabetes, and we can accomplish amazing things with diabetes as well.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said...

Great post Tek!

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, totally agree on the 'finite days' sentiment! (...she says, as she dials up yet another correction bolus... LOL ;-)

All the best to you!

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Electronic Medical Records said...

I think you have been very brave and tough at the face of diabetes.I think all diseases try to get your mind before your body and you have helped yourself stay away from that...well done.

 
At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Brandon said...

Suffering from type 2 diabetes? Take this at-home medical discovery that can save your life.

Get the complete Diabetes Destroyer here:
http://75d35--rkzho9s16nl0djat7fj.hop.clickbank.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter