Monday, June 06, 2005

The Blue Skirt

Every spring, once it gets too warm to need my sweaters and warm enough to need my tank tops, (vice a versa in the fall) I pull out my Rubbermaid tub full of off season clothes and switch everything out. I finally got around to it this weekend. While pulling out tank tops I remembered that I also kept some other things in this tub. I came across the clothes that I just won't get rid of. Sure, I don't fit into them anymore, but of course I'll fit into them again sometime soon. I've been eating really well and cycling/lifting weights at my gym, so I thought, hey, might as well try. I have not been weighing myself lately. It's discouraging to see that number when it's not where you'd like it to be, even though you feel great and think you are losing weight.

Ah, I do have a point. I have a blue skirt that my sister bought me a few years ago. It's a sky blue, pencil skirt. I tried it on. It fit. As I leaped about my room in my sky blue skirt that fit, I realized that the skirt's not really in style anymore. It's not hideous, but no one will mistake it for something new. I don't really care. I'll be wearing it tomorrow anyway. :)

3 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You GO girl! Have fun in your skirt.

I have several outfits like that.

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Violet said...

Yay yay yay! Hard work rewarded, I love it...

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Hannah Beth said...

That is awesome! there is nothing like that feeling when something finally fits.

No point weighing yourself if you are lifting weights, muscle weighs more than fat! so the scales are no indication of how one really looks!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter