Monday, February 27, 2006

Good blood sugar dance


Sometimes, after I've been battling with seemingly endless and inexplicable highs, I get a row of amazing blood sugars. The past weekend has been full of them. Each time I check and I'm around 100, I get this amazed, relieved, and fantastic feeling. Sometimes, after a big meal that I pretty much had to guestimate on, if I get a great reading I'll give a bit of a 'yessss!'. Then, sometimes, after weeks of high reading, I'll get a good number and I'll do a little dance.

Never in public, but still. If someone glanced up at my apartment window at that exact moment they'd see me doing a little dance. It's kind of like my end zone dance. I did one this weekend.

I also went to a dog show this weekend. My roommate enjoys watching dog shows on TV so for Christmas we promised her we'd go to a dog show in Chicago. We went yesterday and saw the whole spectrum, from young handlers to individual breeds to the hounds (with a commentator making lame comments) and, my favorite, the courses. It was so fun to watch the small dogs leaping over hurdles and running through those poles. The best part was once they finished the little dogs would just LEAP right up into their owners arms. It made me want a dog.

5 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you got to see dog agility? That's what Marcie and Maggie and I were doing this weekend!

You should go to a local class and watch training. There are some really good instructors in your area.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Kathleen,

yes, and it was so fun! I've seen it on tv before, but watching in person was much better.

tek

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Kerri. said...

You mentioned "Best in Show" before, right?

I can't even hear about a dog show without imaging a man with busy eyebrows and two left feet.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Kerri

I think 'Best in Show' was a bit more documentary than mocumentary.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Now this is the kind of victory dance I love hearing about... very nice, T.

Very nice. :-)

And thanks for bringing back a fun memory-- years ago, while living in Chicago (for a lark) Ryan and I attended a dog show.

Turned out to be a really fun, interesting experience... and so many amazing dogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter