Friday, June 24, 2005

Focus Group

I'm in a friend's wedding this summer in California and I'm trying to save some money for the trip. Unfortunately I tend to spend more money during the summer months than during the winter months. So in my effort to save money for this trip, I've decided to look into making some extra cash by signing up for focus groups.

The first one I did was for self-soaping razors. This was so fun and easy. Two weeks for two different razors, fill out two surveys and make $75. No problem. Yesterday I got called for another focus group. This one is for type 1 diabetics who are on the pumps. Most focus groups on diabetes I've talked to are looking for either type 2 diabetics or don't know what to do about the fact that I'm on a pump, so this is perfect. I'm not exactly clear what we'll be discussing, but I'm not worried. Oddly I'm kind of excited about it. It will be nice to meet with other people in the same situation and talk about our experiences with the pump. Granted, our conversation will be steered towards what the focus group is about, but still.


Not much else to say on the diabetes front. My blood sugars have been pretty level with few lows so I'll be excited to see what my A1c is at my next visit to the doctor.

I've been busy the past few weeks. My older sister was in town visiting last weekend. We went shopping downtown, had lunch at a nice restaurant and then got our nails done. It was a very girlie day but I hardly ever do those things so it was fun. She got to relax away from her son and was surprised that she wasn't worrying the whole time about him. By Sunday she was very ready to go home and see him though. A nice break for her I think. Then this past week has been very spontaneous. I was at work late on Tuesday and walked by a theater my friend was volunteering at. I stopped to say hi and got sucked in to watch the show, which was wonderful. Wednesday I got to work and at 10 my co-worker told me our chief of staff had just given her 4 tickets to a 1:00pm Sox game that day and could I go? Um yes! So I spent the afternoon sitting in the sun enjoying a beer, a hot dog and great baseball.

This weekend I have big plans of weeding my garden. We have an old Greek woman who lives next door and whenever she sees me she tells me how to improve my garden. It's to the point where she wants to come over and weed it for me. Okay lady. I get the idea. You don't like to see my bad gardening skills. Look the other way! Ah!

7 Comments:

At 5:45 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

How do you get involved in focus groups? Is there a website you can go to? That sounds like the perfect way for a stay at home mom to make moola!

I can't wait to hear what your A1C results are too, if you don't mind sharing them that is.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Shannon

I find them through www.craigslist.org. On the right side you can find the correct city. Then look under ETC jobs. They are really quite fun and easy!

Tekakwitha

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

Oh, I am SOOOO glad that woman doesn't live next door to us. My garden has been invaded by weeds... not to mention our "lawn." You see, I'm not too keen on the whole chemical application thing that MANY of my neighbors do. With kids, I'd rather have a lawn textured with wild oregano... really pretty. Smells nice too. Of course the dandelions, creeping charley, and clovers are rampant as well...

The only pressure we get to DO something about it comes from the constant barrage of fliers from local lawn care companies. Much easier to ignore than your "helpful" neighbor. Good luck with that.

Your visit with your sister sounds wonderful. I just had two of my sisters in town, along with their children. For a week. We had quite the houseful-- 6 kids in all. Lots of fun, but definitely not the relaxing visit you describe here. Maybe someday...

Take care,
Sandra

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was surfing through a few blogs and came across yours and wanted to say very nice job on the content, so I have bookmarked your site for future reference.

Just in case you are interested I have a gardening green house
site. It pretty much covers gardening green house related stuff.

Stop by sometime :=)

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discount Hydro!

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Discount Hydro!

 
At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tekakwitha, very unique blog you have! I was looking for symptoms of diabetes related information and came across your site. Very good info, I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a symptoms of diabetes site. It covers everything about diabetes care, complications, treatment and insulin. You'll find it very informative. Please visit and enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter