Tuesday, July 12, 2005

First Date

I'm going on a first date with the Pastry Chef tomorrow. We met through friends a while ago at a party and just recently have been emailing. So even though we have technically met before, there is still a lot we don't know about each other.

We are meeting at a low-key bar that's described as 'cozy' and has lots of nice beer and board games to play. Sounds perfect to me. I actually am glad we aren't going out to dinner first (although I will eat before hand, a Newcastle on an empty stomach is a BAD idea!). Without dinner I won't have to take several trips to the bathroom to check my blood sugar, program my pump etc. There's always the other option of doing that all at the table, which I normally do. But I don't want to bring all that diabetes talk to the first date. I'd rather get to know the fun stuff about each other on the first date. I'd rather him discover my sarcastic sense of humor as opposed to the fact that my body is attacking itself. And if I have it my way, on this first date, he won't. (don't read that as "he won't learn of it because I'll just ignore my diabetes for the night", read it as "he won't learn of it because I'll be able to be more discrete having just drinks.")

That precious part of myself will come out soon though, if there is a second or third date. It's not something I like to hide, or am accustom to hiding. It also makes me worry a little more if the person I'm with doesn't know.

Now I just have to figure out what to wear. :)

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

You'll reveal the parts about you that you want to reveal in due time. Maybe the topic will come naturally on the first date and maybe it won't. Or like you said, maybe it'll come on the second or third date.

Just enjoy the evening and everything will fall into place.

I can't wait to read about the big date afterwards!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmm....Newcastle.

Goodluck on your date. Hopefully it'll all work out.

Jay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter