Tuesday, July 05, 2005

New Site

Since starting on the pump I've only used my abdomen. I rotate and move it around each time I switch sites, but I started worrying about scars. So the other day I decided (with some encouragement from Kerri) to try my thigh as a site.

While I usually don't have any pain with my stomach, I had NO pain inserting the infusion set in my leg. I've worn it for three days at that spot and it's worked out fine. I think I'll like this site better in the summer. I think it will work much better with my summer clothes. :)

I go to my focus group tonight. I'll have to report about it tomorrow. Not quite sure yet what I'll be 'focusing' on.

Update on my garden: I have two tiny tomato plants that look like little bushes. They produce the cutest little cherry tomatoes and I ate a few the other day. Fabulous! For some reason produce that comes from your own garden just tastes so much better!

2 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Kerri. said...

Hey There!!!

Glad you tried the Thigh Spot. I agree: it definitely doesn't ache like the abdomen spot does occassionally. Have you experienced any absorption issues? I used my legs a bunch when I was taking shots, so I wonder if I have exceptional amounts of scartissue.

Well done on your tomato plants. I had some basil and parsley on the deck last week, but something about a car accident and forgetting to water them for almost a week ... well, they're dead now.

Enjoy the group tonight. Stay focused. (Yes, I did spend all day thinking that one up.)

Kerri.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Kerri,

I didn't notice a difference in absorption. Of course, I basically never used my legs before since I was only on shots for about a month, so maybe it is scar tissue.

-Tekakwitha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter