Thursday, July 14, 2005

Pistachio ice cream

Just wanted to give you all an update on my date last night. I met up with the Pastry Chef at a local bar for drinks. We had a very nice, fine night. Just had a couple drinks and talked for a few hours. He's very talkative and attractive.

I think we talked about sweets for a good half hour. We talked about his favorite to make and eat, as well as mine. I was almost drooling on the table. I've been doing such a good job and not eating many sweet since starting on the South Beach thing. But if he brings me pastries as a gift for our next date, I won't pass them up!

Ah, so there will be a next date. Maybe an Indian restaurant and simosas for dessert. :) Diabetes didn't come up last night. I imagine it will soon though. Indian food tends to be tricky for me to figure out, carbohydrate wise.

So I'll see how the next date goes. There wasn't any earth shattering chemistry or anything, but we certainly weren't repulsed by each other. And you don't need chemistry to have a nice time with a new person eating good food! Onward, to the pastries!

5 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There,
Congrats on the new date. I'm actually researching this whole issue of "self-disclosure" here -- so obviously you don't "tell" on the first date.

What's your strategy with regard to discussing the diabetes then?

Thanks for sharing.
- Amy

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Well, it something I tell people pretty fast. I'd rather people know, just in case. First dates are just a little different in my mind; I just don't want to have to go into. I was wearing my medical ID necklace though, and had all my supplies with me. I'll probably tell him about it on our second date, which is a dinner date and I'll need to use my pump.

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MmmMMMmmm...Pistachio Ice cream...

If he makes Tiramisu, I will be your official taste-tester (ok so Tiramisu isn't a pastry, I can still dream!!)

So glad that your date went well! Finger's crossed that the next one is just as fine ;)

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Yay second date! The saga continues....

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Rachel Segall said...

I'm new to the blogging scene. I'm impressed that you, and it seems many of you, are so willing to disclose the "I have diabetes" info. I usually hold back for a long time until it comes up on it's own. Even when I go out to dinner I slyly somehow take my blood sugar and pump some insulin without anybody knowing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter