Monday, August 15, 2005

Good for now.

Thanks for your advice. I have slowly been increasing my basal rate and testing my bolus rates to make sure they are correct. I think I have it set (for now) to the perfect rate. What's so great about diabetes is that you can't just 'set it and forget it' because you're always changing, due to honeymooning, hormones, age etc. What fun! :)

What IS fun is getting donations for my walk. I have really great friends. A bunch of my friends are in grad school still but have donated significant amounts of money. It's such a good feeling to be able to raise this money, so hopeful.

And now on to the exciting stuff. I posted a very short paragraph about a cute guy that I was excited to run into at a party in April or May. Nothing happened with him because I seemed to have reverted back to high school mode and just clammed up when he was around. Great way to get to know someone. :) Recently I've just kind of relaxed and was able to be myself since I'd kind of given up on the possibility of dating him. On Friday night I grilling party in my backyard and he showed with some friends. He asked for my number and suggested meeting up after work sometime, since he lives in the neighborhood I work in. I was so shocked I think my jaw may have visibly dropped for a moment. It was just so out of the blue! Anyway, now I get to enjoy the fun part of waiting for a call, so I figured I share it with all of you so you can wait with me. :)

4 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I can't wait to hear about the phone call. Oh to live vicariously through a single girl's life :)

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

So what's the deal with this guy? Did he call? Did you go out with him?

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Kerri. said...

What is with this Timber Industry comment? One showed up, unwanted, on my blog too...

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Rachel Segall said...

Very exciting... It's nice to have a guy approach you escpecially if it's a guy you've already had a crush on. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter