Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Pretty little white oval

It was a successful trip to California! My friends got married, I got to see the ocean and spend five days away from the office. But by Sunday night, after laying on the beach for only 1 hour, the painful burns on my legs made my desire to get back to the Midwest even stronger. See, my top have gets sun all the time, but my white thighs? Nope. It was a special walk through the airport, attempting to walk and hold the front of my pants away from my burnt thighs.

The best part is that I had my infusion site on my leg and now I have a perfect little white oval on my leg.

My blood sugars were surprisingly pretty good throughout my trip, even though my eating times were different as was my diet. The only time I had big problems was on the flight home. My blood sugar was 94, I ate a muffin, took the 'correct' amount of insulin and two hours later was at 233. Oh, that sucks. I take a correction and two hours later am at 215. Huh, that still sucks. I then ate lunch and finally got my blood sugar back down to 110 two hours after. Stupid muffin.

1 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Muffins are rough because there's so much fat in them.

My legs never color either even if they're bare...what's up with that?

Welcome back, even though I live on the East Coast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter