Tuesday, August 30, 2005

'Super Good Job'

I guess I'm a bit, um, anal retentive. I was so worried about my A1c since I had been having some higher numbers that I failed to look at how I was doing overall. I went to my endocrinologist yesterday. They downloaded my pump and meter and analyzed my numbers while they also took a blood sample to check my A1c. We chatted a bit about the number and then he looked down to see that my A1c was 5.4. Ho. Ly. Crap.

Turns out he thought my numbers were great. I also lost 10 pounds since my last visit which is pretty close to where I want to be. He even wrote, on my evaluation sheet I get at the end that sums up the appointment, “Super Good Job.” That’s right. It’s like I got an A+ from my doctor.

Anyway, now I’m almost embarrassed for how worked up I’ve been lately about how well I’m doing. I guess I’m a perfectionist of sorts, although there are MANY things that I could careless about doing perfectly.

It was great new and hopefully I won’t get horrible news from my Otolaryngologist at today’s appointment.

9 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

congratulations on the A1C!

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a WONDERFUL A1C. You earned the good report!

The weight loss is great too!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Sandra Miller said...

"Super Good Job," indeed.

Congratulations!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Kerri. said...

That's a brilliant number, Tek. Congratulations!!!

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if i only can get my A1c down!! thats great that you are doing so well!!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Thanks for all the support & encouragement everyone!

Tekakwitha

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thumbs up! That's a great A1c Tek; CONGRATS!!!

Didn't you get a "Good Job" sticker on your way out the door? Something with a Dino on it...

;)

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Tekakwitha said...

Carol: The range for non diabetics is 3.9-5.8 (or pretty close to that, I've seen is slightly different in different books/charts). My doctor showed concern two visits ago when my A1c was 5.7 just because I was also having a lot of lows as well. This last visit, with the 5.4, he wasn't worried at all because I have had very few lows with my new diet.

 
At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great blog for starr jones weight loss. I am going to have to bookmark this blog for when I want to learn more about starr jones weight loss.

I think anyone interested in starr jones weight loss would find my site interesting and entertaining. Stop by when you have time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter